The Hit Air Advantage Airbag Vest is a multi-discipline air vest designed to prevent serious injuries in all types of falls. A cord attaches the vest to the saddle and deploys the inflation mechanism in the event of a fall. The vest inflates to protect the neck, back and chest from sudden impact. Paired with a traditional foam protective vest an airbag vest can prevent many serious injuries to make your rider safer and more enjoyable.
- “Harness type” airbag that employs the new higher speed key ball mechanism (component that activates the CO2 cartridge)
- 0.09 sec deployment time! Inflates faster than the SV Air vest
- Versatile design is suitable for Eventing, Western and other equestrian disciplines
- The neck airbag , where most injuries occur, inflates first, followed by (in only a fraction of a millisecond) the torso and hip airbag. The neck airbag is also significantly larger than the leading competitor’s neck air bag
- The key box where the CO2 cartridge is deployed is protected from dust and dirt and provides sound insulation to minimize spooking the horse during an unintended deployment
- The vest is also more comfortable because the hip air bags are concealed inside a special pocket making it unnecessary to have a long “duck tailed” style that can be uncomfortable in the saddle
- The Advantage is also more versatile because it has an additional optional CE back protector and waist side cushions
- The new Advantage is also cooler to wear because of the open design
- Vest comes with one air cartridge and a lanyard. Saddle attachment strap to attach to the bars of your saddle is sold separately.
With all of these advantages, it is also more affordable costing hundreds of dollars less than other available air vests
Sizing (Please see sizing chart for measuring):
- Small Fits XXSmall through Small
- Medium Fits Small to XLarge
- Large Fits XLarge to 3XLarge
- XLarge Fits 3XLarge to 5XLarge